I’m normally can’t stand marshmallows because I grew up on a camp and have probably consumed thousands in my lifetime. However, if you make them into a s’more, then that is an entirely different story.
I recently purchased a few new products to try, and two of them were Mary’s Graham Minis and Dandies mini pumpkin marshmallows. I will do a review later on these products. I was going to make my own graham crackers, but I thought that using the graham shapes would make it a fun family activity and save a lot of time.
The pumpkin flavoured marshmallows are optional, but they add another fun twist. My kids loved that they were orange! The pumpkin flavour is very subtle, so don’t worry that your s’mores will get all weird.
My kids devoured these. I even heard one pair of footsteps last night after they went to bed sneak and eat the last one. They said that it was already gone before they went to bed, but I had my eye on that one!
MAKES 8 CLUSTERS
– 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
– 1 teaspoon + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
– 42 vegan mini marshmallows (I used Dandies pumpkin marshmallows)
– 16 vegan mini graham crackers + additional ones for crushed topping (I used Mary’s Gluten-Free Organic Graham Minis)
1. Line a muffin tin with 8 muffin liners. The silicon ones make it really easy for removing.
2. Melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
3. Drop 1/2 tablespoon of chocolate into each liner. Put in freezer for one minute.
4. Top the chocolate with 1 graham cracker and 6 marshmallows. Keep the shapes whole so the kids can see the fun shapes through the chocolate.
5. Optional: Use a culinary torch to melt/brown the marshmallows slightly. This will give it more of a campfire twist. Top with graham cracker as it is still warm. If not melting the marshmallow, just top with graham cracker (it may not stick exactly where you want it to, but that’s okay!)
6. Put back in freezer for a minute while you melt the remaining chocolate and coconut oil.
7. Top each cluster with the remaining chocolate (1/2 tablespoon each) and sprinkle with a bit of crushed graham crackers. Store in fridge.