Yes, this is a cookie without chocolate. Once in a while, I will make a cookie that doesn’t involve chocolate, but it is rare.
These cookies are for the coconut lovers out there. It uses coconut oil, shredded coconut, and coconut extract. Plus, they are not only vegan, but they are gluten-free and naturally-sweetened. They are super quick to put together and would be perfect for your holiday baking.
MAKES 12-15 COOKIES
– 4 ounces white rice flour
– 2 ounces brown rice flour (or sub white rice flour)
– 3 ounces almond flour
– 7 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
– 5 tablespoons maple syrup
– 1 teaspoon coconut extract (or sub vanilla extract)
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and mix until it forms a ball (you can mix by hand too, but its not as quick.)
3. Form into 12-15 balls (I use a cookie scoop) and flatten.
4. Bake for 17 minutes, or until the cookies are starting to get very lightly browned.