Orange + Fig + Chocolate = delicious!
Today, was my first time using my candy/truffle mold and I think it was a success! The little chocolates look so cute. The instructions below are for those who do not have a mold because not every one is going to have every kitchen tool out there.
MAKES 24 chocolates
– 1 cup dried black mission figs (approximately 145 g)
– 1/4 cup chocolate chips
– 2 tablespoons vegan creamer (I used Silk Creamer. You could probably use almond milk too)
– 1/2 teaspoon orange rind or 1 teaspoon orange extract/orange brandy/orange liquor
– 1 cup chocolate chips
– 2 teaspoons coconut oil
1. Cut off the stems of your figs and put in blender, along with the chocolate chips. Pulse until the figs and chocolate chips are finely clopped.
4. Add in the creamer and orange rind/extract and blend until it forms a soft ball.
5. Take the mixture out and form into little balls (approximately 1/2 tablespoon)
6. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a doubler boil. In the meantime, line a small cookie sheet with parchment paper.
7. Dip your balls into the chocolate and place on the cookie sheet. When all of them are done, transfer to the freezer to firm up (5 minutes). Serve!