It can’t get much quicker to get healthy, delicious ice cream. Just throw the fruit, some coconut milk, and some spices into a blender and mix and freeze. This ice cream is naturally-sweetened, and if you choose, the ice cream is fantastic without any sweetener at all.
MAKES APPROXIMATELY 3 CUPS
– 3 ripe persimmons, peeled
– 1 can coconut milk
– 2-4 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
– 2 teaspoons cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1. Roughly chop your persimmons and throw into a high-powered blender with the coconut milk and spices. Add in the maple syrup according to your taste.
2. Put into your ice cream maker. If you are not using an ice cream maker, simple pour into a freezer-safe container and put into your freezer. Every hour or so, stir up the ice cream to allow it to evenly freeze and stay creamy.
3. To serve, remove from freezer and let sit for 15-30 minutes until you can scoop it. You can top it with pecans, candied pecans, or crushed cookies.