I’ve said it before, I love the challenge of making items that I love at home. For example, with these nut clusters, I often will buy them at Bulk Barn or Costco because they are a healthier snack. Yesterday, I went to buy the ones that are dipped on the bottom with dark chocolate, but stopped when I saw that it was $5.09/100g. That works out to $23 a pound! I snapped a picture of the ingredients and then came home to make them for a fraction of the cost. I didn’t dip mine in chocolate (I was trying to be a bit healthier!), but I say go ahead and dip yours if you love chocolate.
I only did a small recipe for these because I prefer to make smaller, more frequent batches. This recipe is made in a loaf pan, but if you double the recipe, then use a square 9×9 pan.
This recipe is quick to prep and only requires 1 bowl and 15 minutes cooking time.
– 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
– 1/2 cup unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
– 1/2 cup unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
– 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
– dash of salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line a medium loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5) with parchment paper
3. Combine your nuts in a bowl.
4. Add in your brown rice syrup and salt. Mix.
5. Press the mixture into the loaf pan. Slightly wet hands will help.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until nuts lightly roasted.
7. Let cool for at least an hour in the pan.
8. Cut into cubes. They will be sticky at the bottom at first, but after they sit overnight, they won’t be as sticky.