This recipe is super quick to make and is a healthy dairy-free alternative to traditional parmesan. This recipe keeps well in your fridge too. You can add this to your pizza, pasta, avocado toast, or just eat it by the spoonful like I was!
MAKES 3/4 CUP
– 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
– 1/4 cup unsalted shelled sunflower seeds
– 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
– 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon lemon/lime peel, finely grated
1. Combine all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until a powder. It is okay if it has a few small pieces in it for texture.