It is still a soup week over here. The girls already have had two snow days in a row! Soup is so easy and quick to make, making it perfect when your are busy at home. You can really add whatever veggies you have on hand to this soup because it is so versatile. I add in hot sauce for my husband and I after. MAKES 4 DINNER-SIZE BOWLS OR 6 APPETIZER-SIZED PORTIONS
– 1 can of coconut milk, regular (I prefer Thai Kitchen for this recipe)
– 5 cups vegetable stock
– 1 russet potato, cut in small chunks
– 1 carrot, cut in small chunks
– 1/2-1 sweet potato, depending on size, cut in small chunks
– 1 can of chickpeas, drained
– juice of 1 lime or 1.5 tablespoons lime/lemon juice
– salt and pepper, to taste
– 1 tablespoon herbs of your choice (1 used some frozen basil I had made into ice cubes)
1. Peel and chop your vegetables
2. Put all of the ingredients into a large pot
3. 0n medium-heat, cook until soup is reduced by about 25% and vegetables are tender. The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become, so cook to your desired consistency. I like mine more of a stew so I often will take out most of the veggies but leave a few in and purée. Then add back in the veggies.
4. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve with additional lime.