My kids will occasionally ask me to make cupcakes, which is another way of just asking for permission to eat loads and loads of frosting and maybe a nibble of the cake. I prefer them not to make a meal of just sugar and butter, so I try to find alternatives that still allow them to eat those treats.
This frosting is raw, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, and naturally-sweetened. You can also make it nut-free by swapping out the almond milk. It only takes a few minutes to make and you can store it in the fridge for a couple of days. I use it to frost my raw brownies.
MAKES APPROXIMATELY 1.5 CUPS
- 1 cup avocados, packed (approximately 3 small avocadoes)
- 1/3 cup raw cocao powder
- 6 large (soft) medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- pinch salt
- Put the dates and almond milk into a high-powered blender and blend until a smooth paste forms
- Add in the remainder of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Use your damper to help get things moving, or scrape down the sides as you go.