This recipe is another quick one to make if you use a bread maker for the mixing. I really enjoy the combination of the crunchiness from the grains and crust and the softness and chewiness of the inside. We love this loaf for our sandwiches or avocado toast.
MAKES 1 LOAF
– 2 cups multigrain flour
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon wheat gluten (optional, but helps bread rise)
– 1 cup + 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk or water
– 2 1/2 teaspoon yeast
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Put all of your ingredients into a bread machine on the dough cycle.
2. After the cycle is done, remove the dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a loaf. Put the dough into a greased bread pan or a pan lined with parchment paper.
3. Let rise in oven with light on. Let rise until almost doubled in size.
4. Preheat oven to 350F
5. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until lightly brown. It will sound hollow when tapped.