This recipe makes one really large cookie. You can share or eat it all yourself. I won’t judge! I really like that it only makes one because if I have a chocolate craving, I won’t be left with a few dozen cookies. These cookies are also fun to make with a group of kids because each one gets to make their own cookie and do all of their own work. Plus, they get to customize it any way they like.
My kids really liked this recipe because it took me more than several times to perfect it!! That meant a lot of taste testing and cookies to share with their friends after school.
If you feel guilty about eating a whole cookie, remember that they are made with better ingredients than other cookies. We are using lots of organic ingredients and healthier alternatives like spelt flour, organic coconut sugar, flax and organic coconut butter. MAKES 1 REALLY LARGE COOKIE
– 2 tablespoons water
– 1 tablespoon ground flax
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil, solid
– 3 tablespoons organic coconut sugar
– 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
– 3 tablespoons organic spelt flour
– 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
– 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 4 tablespoons dairy-free dark chocolate chips (or your favourite chocolate, or mix of fruit/chocolate)
– 1/2 tablespoons toppings (eg., sprinkles, more chocolate chips)
– pinch of flaked sea salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Make a flax egg by mixing 2 tablespoons warm water with 1 tablespoon ground flax. Set aside for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice while it thickens.
3. Mix the two types of sugar with the coconut oil until fully combined.
4. Add in your flax egg and stir.
5. Add in your dry ingredients and chocolate chips and gentle fold until combined. Do not over mix.
6. Take your dough in shape into a large mound on your cookie sheet. It should look like half of a large tennis ball. Do not flatten. It will spread as it cooks. Decorate with your toppings. If you like, sprinkle with a light touch of sea salt.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges begin to set and middle still appears slightly raw. Let sit on the cookie sheet until fully cooled. It will set as it cools.
5 thoughts on “Double Chocolate Monster Cookies”
This looks amazing! 😍
LikeLiked by 1 person
Looks Delicious!! One of my favorites!
Thank you! Anything with more chocolate is my favourite.
LikeLiked by 1 person
So true for me as well… Only chocolate lover can know this affection.