We bake a lot of bread in this house and here is another one of our favourites. You can make it with your mixer, or make the dough in your bread machine.
MAKES 1 LOAF
– 1 1/2 cup flax seeds (whole)
– 1 cup whole wheat flour
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
– 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 1 tablespoon yeast
– 1 1/4 cup water
1. Put all of your ingredients into a bowl. Mix with paddle for 2 minutes at lowest speed. Mix with a dough hook for 6 minutes at lowest speed.
2. Cover bowl and put in warm place to let rise until double in size.
3. Pour onto lightly floured surface and give it a quick kneed and let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Form it into a loaf. Put into a greased loaf pan or pan lined with parchment.
5. Score the top of the loaf with a sharp knife or lame and cover and let rise until when pressed the indent doesn’t spring back (anywhere between 20 minutes to an hour). You can brush with a bit of unsweetened almond milk to aid with browning (optional).
6. Preheat oven to 375. Cook for 35 minutes or until golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
Note: If you are using a bread machine, skip steps 1-3.