Potatoes are one of my favourite foods and always have been. I was always eating everyone’s servings of potatoes and remember going up to my grandma’s garden to dig out the freshest and tastiest ones. My oldest daughter has inherited my love for mashed potatoes too.
This recipe is perfect for the holidays because you can do the rest of your meal prep while these cook. You can also leave these warming while you wait for the meal to be served so you don’t have to worry about the dinner not being ready at the same time.
This recipe takes 3-4 hours on high.
MAKES 8 Servings
– 3 pounds of potatoes, peeled and diced(I just used white potatoes and have also used mini potatoes with success too)
– 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
– 3/4 cup vegetable stock
– 1.5 cups non-dairy creamer (or for a lighter version do half non-dairy creamer and half non-dairy milk). I used Silk creamer for mine.
– 2-3 tablespoons non-dairy butter (optional)
– 2+ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
– black pepper, to taste
1. Dice potatoes into roughly 1 inch chunks. Peel garlic.
2. Place potatoes, garlic and vegetable stock in crock pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, until tender Check around 3 hours. If they still are not cooked and the water has all evaporated, then add in 1/4 cup more water and continue to cook.
3. Once potatoes are tender, add in your non-dairy creamer and butter (optional) and salt. Mash with potato masher until desired texture. You can add in additional creamer if you like a thinner potato.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep on warm setting until ready to serve.