I’m heading away for a few work trips this month, so I’m preparing some healthier food items to bring with me. Our dining options will be slim but with some homemade items I can make sure to have balanced meals/snacks.
This recipe is adapted from another recipe of mine to include some dried fruit and a chocolate drizzle. You can switch out the nuts and fruit to your own preference.
This recipe is quick to prep and only requires 1 bowl and 15 minutes cooking time.
– 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
– 1/2 cup unsalted pecans, roughly chopped
– 1/2 cup unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
– 1/4 cup currants
– 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
– dash of salt
– 2 tablespoon dairy-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line a medium loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5) with parchment paper
3. Combine all of your ingredients into a bowl, except for the chocolate, and mix.
5. Press the mixture into the loaf pan. Slightly wet hands will help.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until nuts lightly roasted.
7. Let cool for at least an hour in the pan. |
8. Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top. You can use the microwave to melt your chocolate.
9. Cut into cubes. They will be sticky at the bottom at first, but after they sit overnight, they won’t be as sticky.