I’ve never bought fruit roll-ups before for my kids, but they have definitely tried them at some point in time because they often ask me to buy them. Since I’ve gotten my dehydrator in the fall, I haven’t had much time to use it. Yesterday, the organic strawberries that were on clearance made me get out the new dehydrator and put it to use. I can’t resist a good sale on berries!
The roll-ups were super easy to make and my girls devoured both sheets with their friends before dinner.
MAKES TWO DEHYDRATOR SHEETS OF ROLL-UPS
- 2 – 16 oz containers of organic strawberries, destemmed (approximately 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (you can adjust to your preference)
- juice from one lime
- Put all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender (e.g., Vitamix) and blend until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly onto two prepared dehydrator sheets (I use parchment paper, but you can buy the sheets that go with the dehydrator). You don’t want the layer to be too thin or it will crack when you try to roll it up.
- Dehydrate at 135 F until no longer sticky and easily pulls away from sheet (6-9 hours). You still want them to be soft enough to roll and slightly tacky, so don’t over dehydrator. I dried mine for 8 hours.