We make these at least every other week in my house. We never seem to get sick of them. They are a healthier dessert and contain protein from the almond butter. They are only sweetened with dates if you choose not to dip in chocolate. You also could use unsweetened chocolate chips or chocolate chips with alternative sweeteners too.
This recipe makes around 12-14 balls, depending on how big you make them. Keep them in your fridge or freezer (my preference).
You could also use more almond butter than the recipe calls for if you want a more cake-like ball, or more dates if you want a chewier ball. I usually just eyeball the recipe because it is very forgiving.
- 1 cup of medjool dates (approximately ten pitted dates)
- 1/4 almond butter (you could use any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a food processor, combine the dates with the almond butter. Process until it all comes together and there are no large pieces
- Form into balls and place on a parchment lined tray
- melt the chocolate and coconut oil (I prefer using a double broiler so I don’t seize the chocolate)
- Dip the balls in the chocolate and place on the parchment paper. Place in fridge and freezer until set.