We’ve had snow here already, yep, snow! That means that it now official soup season. This recipe is easy to make and usually I always have carrots in the fridge. My kids loved this soup too. I would serve this with some homemade bread to round out the meal and top with roasted chickpeas or homemade croutons.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 2 cups carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (400mL) full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 organic vegetable bouillon cube (I used GoBio!)
- 1 T finely grated ginger or 1.5 teaspoons powdered ginger (I would do it according to your taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the carrots, onion and garlic with olive oil. Spread on a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Roast the vegetables until they are tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a large pot. Add in the coconut milk, water, bouillon cube and ginger (start with 1 teaspoon).
- Bring to a low simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes
- Puree the soup in a blender (an immersion blender is okay but it won’t make it as smooth as a blender).
- Put back into pot and season to taste.