These are a soft, healthier, no-bake version of a gingerbread cookie, with a touch of cocoa because I love anything with chocolate.
You can adjust the spices to your taste. My husband loves lots of ginger, so he kept wanted me to add more! These are super quick to whip up too.
You can choose to use either smooth or chunky peanut butter. In the pictures, I used chunky, but I prefer the smooth for a more cake-like texture.
MAKES APPROXIMATELY 14 BALLS
– 9 soft medjool dates
– 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter or nut butter of choice
– 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
– 2/3 cup coconut flour
– 2 tablespoons molasses
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
– 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend until the mixture comes together when pressed.
2. Roll into balls. I use a cookie scoop to evenly portion them.
3. Store in fridge or freezer.
3 thoughts on “No Bake Gingerbread Cake Balls”
Easy & tasty balls !
Yum. I love dates!
[…] No Bake Gingerbread Cake Balls […]